WE ARE HIRING!
SEXUAL HEALTH EDUCATOR (part Time):
Position Summary: The health educator will facilitate evidence-based sexual health workshops for adolescents at high schools and community based organizations in Brooklyn, implement risk reduction counseling, and provide sexual health education at the Project SAFE Teen Health Clinics.
Conduct evidence-based sexual health workshops in Brooklyn high schools and CBOs using the curriculum Making Proud Choices.
Administer sexual health risk assessment surveys to all workshop participants
Meet individually with workshop participants to provide risk reduction counseling and connect them to sexual health services.
Provide sexual health education to youth at Project SAFE Teen Health Clinics (Tuesdays nights in Sunset Park and Thursday nights in Park Slope)
Assist patients in enrolling the Family Planning Benefit Program.
Provide rapid HIV counseling at Project SAFE Teen Health Clinics and complete all related documentation.
Participate in Project SAFE community events to connect youth STI and HIV testing.
Participate weekly staff meetings at Project Reach Youth.
Prepare and submit monthly reports
Benefits - Full benefits (health insurance, vacation, sick, etc.) Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred Minimum Experience/Requirements: At least two years providing services to young adults.
How to Apply
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Nees at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEXUAL HEALTH EDUCATOR Program Coordinator:
The Sexual Health Education Program Coordinator will be responsible for leading the roll out of the SREA program at Erasmus Campus Educational Complex. The program will be embedded into an existing after school program led by Brooklyn College Community Partnership and will include facilitating the Adult Identity Role Models (AIM) evidence-based curriculum, parent workshops and individual meetings with youth to provide comprehensive, age appropriate sexual health education for youth ages 10-13.
· Coordinate provision of AIM curriculum, individual meetings with youth, parent workshops and referrals associated with SRAE program.
· Serve as the point person for partnership with Brooklyn College Community Partners
· Facilitate AIM curriculum with middle school students at Erasmus Campus
· Provide direct supervision for one part-time SRAE health educator
· Work with director in creating systems for tracking grant deliverables
· Work with director to ensure all deliverables associated with SREA grant are met including fidelity to the AIM curriculum
· Build relationships with community partners, school staff and parent organizations
· Ensure that a Positive Youth Development Approach is used in all in programming and that all services and lessons are LGBTQ+ inclusive
· Plan and lead trips for participants during school breaks
· Work with director to prepare biannual reports for SREA grant
Details at a glance
Full Time Schedule
4-Year Degree Required
Benefits - Full benefits (health insurance, vacation, sick, etc.)
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
Minimum Experience/Requirements: At least two years providing services to young adults.
How To Apply
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Nees email@example.com.
899 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226